A small marketing budget doesn’t mean you can’t meet your goals and business objectives. You just have to be more creative in your marketing tactics. Read on for top tips for low-cost, and non-cost strategies to improve sales, develop your company’s image, and build your bottom line.
Focus on the 6 P’s of Marketing. Add Personal and Penetration to the traditional 4 P’s of Product, Price, Place, Promotion and you are ready to rock the market.
First, get the basics in place that need minimal or no investment:
- Free e-mail and a free website
- A series of press releases faxed, e-mailed, or hand-delivered
- Appearances as a talk or radio show guest on local shows looking to support the community
- A flier posted on bulletin boards (including the electronic ones)
- Free classified ads on sites like Craigslist, Kijiji, Facebook, etc. Check what’s relevant for your product.
Work on the P’s
Get Out There
Networking is the key to every business making it, so make you know how to network for success!
- Take risks and anticipate success.
- Say “Hello” first.
- Show others you are a good listener. Practice your listening skills at every opportunity.
- Be able to tell others what you do in a few short sentences.
- Use eye contact and a smile when you meet people.
- Greet people you see regularly.
- Find some common ground with the people you meet.
- Ask others for their opinions.
- Show some interest in the things the other person is interested in.
- Know when to stop talking.
- Compliment others about what they are doing or saying, and say so sincerely.
- Be aware of open and closed body language and monitor your own body language.
- Do an anonymous act of kindness every day.
Okay, you are all set to rock and roll. Work that marketing budget!